PerioTabs A Professional PerioCream Product
What is PerioTabs?
PerioTabs helps reduce gingivitis, periodontitis, peri-mucositis and peri-implantitis through elimination of oral biofilm accumulation on gums, teeth and dental implants. This product is used to brush the teeth and gums. Use only if recommended by your dentist. The procedure consists of brushing the teeth and gums with the provided tablets dissolved in lukewarm water (Figure 1). This product contains 10 small NitrAdine® effervescent tablets (1 tablet per day for 10 days). One tablet is to be dissolved in 15ml of lukewarm water in the specially provided container to create the gum and tooth brushing solution(Figures 2 and 3).
- Anti-biofilm action
- Non corrosive to implant materials
- Non-toxic to gums
- Clinically tested
Efficacy of PerioTabs
Clinical trial on 20 severe periodontal patients (after SRP)
PerioTabs treament (10 day brushing of gums and teeth) results in a significant reduction of:
- Plaque index
- Gingival index
- Gum pain
Post-market clinical evaluation study by 4 dentists on 19 chronic periodontal patients (after SRP) confirmed the positive results obtained in the clinical trial.
Examples of recent clinical evaluation studies with PerioTabs brushing solution
- Glass RT., Bullard JW., Conrad RS., Blewett EL. (2004). Evaluation of the sanitization effectiveness of a denture-cleaning product on dentures contaminated with known microbial flora. An in vitro study. Quintessence Int ; 35: 194–199.
- Coenye T., De Prijck K., De Wever B., and Nelis H.J. (2008). Use of the modified Robbins device to study the in vitro biofilm removal efficacy of NitrAdine, a novel disinfecting formula for the maintenance of oral medical devices. J. Appl. Microbiol. 105, 733–740.
- Silva-Lovato C.H., De Wever B., Adriaens E., Paranhos H., Watanabe E., Pisani M.X., Souza R.F. de, and Ito I.Y. (2010). Clinical and antimicrobial efficacy of NitrAdineTM-based disinfecting cleaning tablets in complete denture wearers. J. Appl. Oral Sci. 18, 560–565.
- Vento-Zahra E., De Wever B., Decelis S., Mallia K., and Camilleri S. (2011). Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to test the efficacy of NitrAdineTM tablets in maxillary removable orthodontic appliance patients. Quintessence Int. 42, 37–43.
- Glass R.T., Conrad R.S., Köhler G.A., Warren A.J., and Bullard J.W. (2011). Microbiota found in protective athletic mouthguards. Sports Health 3, 244–248.
- Decelis S., Camilleri S., Zahra E.V., Scerri E., and De Wever B. (2012). The effect of NitrAdineTM on the Candida levels of maxillary removable appliances. Quintessence Int. 43, 239–245.
- Fathi H., Martiny H., Jost-Brinkmann P-G., (2015). Efficacy of cleaning tablets for removable orthodontic appliances. J. Orofac. Orthop. / Fortschritte der Kieferorthopädie 76, 143–151.
- Coimbra F.C.T., Salles M.M., De Oliveira V.C., Macedo A.P., Da Silva C.H.L., Pagnano V.O., and Paranhos H. de F.O.(2016). Antimicrobial efficacy of complete denture cleansers. Am. J. Dent. 29, 149–153.
- Sakly A., Jutla Y., Jutla B., Hadded I., De Wever B., Satia M., and Bogaert J.P. (2017). Clinical and microbiological effects of PerioCream® a periodontal dressing combined with an antimicrobial gum brushing solution after scaling and root planing : A multi-center randomized clinical trial. J Dent Oral Care 2, 1–6.